Tuesday, April 27, 2010

On the plus side...

I had a really busy weekend, going to the play and the UCB graduation show of one of my co-creators on the pilot, plus seeing The Room with Brian, which was an awesome experience. That movie is so bad. The best worst thing you'll ever seen. And in LA, they do midnight screenings every Saturday at the Sunset Laemmle. The superfans come out and you're treated to a chorus of insults and objects thrown at the screen during the film. It's insane. I've become obsessed with looking up clips of it on YouTube. Truly, truly awful.

I also set the record straight (hopefully for good) with my former co-producer. Weight off my shoulders. The situation was ridiculous.

On Sunday, I got together with my co-creators on the pilot to have a writing meeting. We looked at our pitchbook and realized we had done more work than we thought, and most of it looks great. Our next thing will be to write down the series arcs for each character. We'd talked about this ages ago, but I can't find my notes on the matter, which is so frustrating. Anyway, sometime soon, we'll have another meeting to try to remember what we had going...

I have two scenes in class this week--Mad Men and Sunshine Cleaning. I also have a workshop on Thursday, for the head cd for Modern Family. Still haven't settled on a scene for it, which is probably not wise. I think I have it down to two choices, one of which is something I wrote.

I should have the last of my reel footage by tomorrow, so I'll be able to pass it along to my friend from class, who is going to help me edit together a reel. Once that is done, I'll be able to submit my stuff to the manager to whom I have a referral. So, that's great. I also created a pdf of one of my headshots and my resume, to send to another friend who offered to pass it along to her reps, depending on how her next meeting with them goes. So, that's something. I just really appreciate the offers--it means a lot to me that people would recommend me.

We'll see how the end of this week goes--last week was so great and crazy, that this week kinda seems like a tired blur so far. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment