Wednesday, April 21, 2010

OHMIGOD!! !!!

!!!

I might boing through the roof with excess energy! It's all coming from the possibility of getting an audition on my FAVORITE show!!

So, I had told the gal who submits me on stuff that I just had an awesome workshop with the cd associate from Mad Men, and that she rated me 5 out of 5 in every category, had great notes, etc. I asked to be submitted on anything from that show that fit the type categories that she gave me in the workshop.

Today, a friend of mine passed along the current breakdown for Mad Men, which has a costar role that fits me!! So, I forwarded it along to my gal, along with two separate please via email--one to submit me, one to pitch me, both with info about my workshop with the associate and the date/location of said workshop. I offered to bake her something or make her dinner if she pitches me (she doesn't normally pitch).

So...*fingers crossed*!!!!!!!!!!!! I know that everyone and their mother wants on that show, and that I have some things that aren't in my favor traditionally (no reel online, no previous tv credits), BUT--everyone starts somewhere, and this could be my somewhere!!! What I do have in my favor is that I just had a great workshop with their associate only four days ago, so I might still be on her radar!

Also, had a really fun filming experience today--filmed a fake audition for a pilot that has clips of bad auditions. It was a ton of fun to do awful actor things, like mime too much and have my nose stuck in the script. :) Had an audition for a promo, which was fine, but I realized when I got home that I had totally forgotten to do the one direction that the cd asked for, which was to mime looking at a handheld tv device. Oops. Live and learn!

Oh wow, one more thing, just got a phone call about it--have secured a referral to my friend's manager, and that friend has secured a meeting with my commercial agents--I dropped off her stuff this afternoon, so that's awesome & fast! Yay!

Okay, really need to focus on my scene right now...class is in 40 minutes. Eep!

No comments:

Post a Comment