Monday, April 19, 2010

Holy Sunday!

Not, like, literally holy, at least not for me. :)

I had an AMAZING workshop with the cd associate for my favorite show, Mad Men. Just...so great. I went in a little anxious, as I had chosen to dress in a 60s-inspired dress/look. I wasn't sure if I'd be the only one dressed up, or if it'd reek of desperation (which costuming often can), but I just went for it. I also know that their office likes people to dress to strongly suggest the period, since the show is SO specific about the costuming. So, I went for it, and I was by far the most dressed up of the women, but a few of the guys had on full suits (one even had taken the time to really do his hair in the style of the show). I was a little nervous about my scene and having not had a lot of time to focus on my work, but it ended up going really well! I got great feedback, I took her adjustment really well, got more good feedback, and she rated me 5 out of 5 in every category! I'm mailing off a thank you card tomorrow. :)

After going on a lovely, long walk along beautiful neighborhood streets and horse trails in La Canada Flintridge with my boss's dad's two german shepherds (walking them while he's out of town), I headed back to Hollywood to go on a beautiful sunset hike with my friend, Leigh (with whom I co-produced the SAG New Media short).

Upon getting home, I found that Bonnie Gillespie, the indie casting director who had recently featured me and my project(s) in her column on Showfax.com, had emailed me to see if I'd be willing to adapt my Facebook note about how we Taft-Hartleyed ourselves through SAG New Media, into an actual article for her column's POV section. So, I set about adding some personal stuff, more details and informational links to what I'd already written, making more changes along the way. I wrote a new bio for myself (I hate writing bios, but I think this one is okay...who knows?), then added my two current main headshots to the bundle and emailed it off to her. She's received it, and will look it over when she can. I have the contributor agreement waiver that I need to fax into Showfax all set to go, too. I'm stoked to have been asked to contribute!

I also FINALLY downloaded our actual SAG New Media short, so now I have the file and can use it for my reel. In addition, I sent the file link to Bonnie, so she can take a look at what we shot in order to get our eligibility. I have no idea when the short will end up being online, for public consumption, but maybe someday...

No comments:

Post a Comment