Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Four Months In...

Holy crap, cannot believe I haven't posted since January!!

Good news is, I should have high speed internet at home very soon (like, this week). Got a new laptop for my birthday (in March), and am looking forward to rejoining the land of the informed/up to date. :)

Haven't had much time to work on writing lately--been working a lot the last few months at my 'survival' jobs. Had a few meetings here and there, mostly to work on our pitchbook/series bible. We've made decent progress on finishing the character section; about to start working on the episode summaries.

I rejoined my beloved acting class--SO HAPPY!!! Feels like coming home. :) This week will be my third week back...looking forward to what is to come!

I've had a few auditions this year (all commercial), and have already booked one spot! It's for Conoco Phillips gas stations, and I shot it last week. I play a cute girl who is flirting with a guy while pumping gas. I'm pretty sure it'll be a national spot, on cable (maybe network, too?), plus internet and I think even movie theatres? I guess we'll see! It was a long day, but I love being on set. I wasn't totally sure that I did a great job with what they wanted me to do (timing of what I had to do was off--they wanted a really exaggerated double take, which had to match a camera movement). But, we'll see--they're doing a 15 second cut and a 30 second cut, but I'd only appear in the 30, from what I could tell. Not sure when it'll begin to air, but hopefully, I can get a copy of it!

Had a fun run in with a casting director through my two 'survival jobs'--long story as to how we know each other--and she almost brought me in last minute for an audition, but I ended up not being the right type. However, I was so grateful that she thought of me and was so cool as to do something like that on the fly!! I dropped off cookies from my work and a nice thank you card the next day. Always like to say thanks to the people who give me a chance!! :)

Been going to casting director workshops when I can, getting more accustomed to the process of it and learning what I can. My favorite comment so far was "I love your real girl energy" from one cd...most consistent note overall is that I'm really natural (so that's nice). I have four more coming up in the next month, including one for a cd that casts what is probably my favorite show. :)

Also, I was just featured in Bonnie Gillespie's column on ShowFax.com:
http://more.showfax.com/columns/avoice/archives/2010_04_05.html

Near the end, she features my short "Here Comes The Bride" as the Self-Produced Clip of the Week, and gives a shout-out to my Facebook note that I wrote about how we Taft-Hartley-ed ourselves through SAG New Media. :) Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment