Thursday, April 22, 2010

*fingers still crossed*

Class last night was interesting--was kinda feeling off, but I think it's because I was so tired, plus so hyped when I came in...I definitely crashed midway through class and actually nodded off for a second, which is embarrassing. Had NOTHING to do with the scene I was watching or anything like that--I was simply forced to sit stationary for longer than 10 minutes and my whirlwind day caught up with me. It was literally a second, so that's not as bad as it could be. :) However, I was off during my scene, but I think it was my exhaustion and that I had some pressure on myself/expectation of myself. Doing the scene again tonight in a workshop, so hopefully I can let that go.

On the other front, I was at work today and got an email from the gal that submits me, saying she couldn't find a number for the casting office of Mad Men. So, I put out a Facebook Status Update, asking for help finding it; I sent a text to a friend who works at Warner Brothers, and HE sent out a note asking for it through his work connections; and I stole upstairs during a slow moment to log into IMDBPro to find it (by the way, that's a great investment for any actor--worth the $12 a month or whatever it is). I sent her the number I found, then received the same number from two outside sources (my WB friend and a Facebook friend), so I felt pretty good about it being the right number.

This afternoon, my gal sent me a text to say she'd called and left word...so, we'll see what happens! *fingers crossed for me*!!!!

A friend of mine from class said he'll work on my reel, I just have to select my footage and get the timecodes, so I need to work on that on Friday. Other than that, also heard from another friend that he just had a callback at the casting office that booked me on the Conoco Phillips spot. He told them he knew me and the cds said that they remembered that I sent them two thank you cards, one for my initial audition, and one after I booked. So that's really cool--it's always nice to hear that those cards are a) received and b) appreciated. :) If he books this commercial, he'll also be working with the director from my spot, which would be funny.

Okay, have to go finish getting ready for tonight's workshop. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment