Monday, May 10, 2010

Well hey there!

I had an audition this afternoon for a cute project, and I was happy for the opportunity to make a new contact! My character was a "quirky" type, but I went in and just kept it low key, as opposed to acting at being quirky. I thought about trying to be more comedically quirky, but it felt weird, so I went back to being a little more normal about it. I had a fun time!

The entire day kind of started out hairy, though! There was a bit of a snafu with the location, which was really just a matter of communication not coming through--the location had changed, but I wasn't aware of it until I got to the old location. A phone call to the gal who submits me on stuff straightened out--she'd received the notice of the location change, but she hadn't checked her computer all day, so she didn't know about it until I asked her what was going on. :) I was all concerned that I was then going to be late, as the actual location was across town (in a sense), but they had opened it up to just being a window of time for auditions, as opposed to actual appointments. So it all worked out! :) Sometimes, that stuff happens...best just to roll with it and take it all in with good humor. Otherwise, life is gonna suck a lot more, right?

Anyway, upon going into the room to do my read, I was introduced to the cd and found out that she's a reader of this blog (Hi, Brandi!). Very cool! Kind of a surreal feeling, in a way--I write this, obviously, but I don't think I really believed people were reading it...but you never know! Anyway, I enjoyed the overall experience, and we shall see what happens! I'm so grateful to be getting out there and meeting new folks, especially ones who are making things happen for themselves--so inspiring!

Speaking of, I sent an email off the my friend's manager, to see about getting a meeting with him...*fingers crossed*!

I'm looking to meet with my co-creators on the pilot sometime soon--we're just all so busy right now! In the meantime, I've been thinking more about an idea that I had a couple of years ago...it'd be for a tv pilot, but not sure about some of the details of it yet (i.e. length). I loved this idea back in the day, though. My ex boyfriend didn't think it would ever sell because of the content matter, so I kind of dropped it at the time, but I think it's got merit, if done correctly. The premise is interesting, and I do think that the ideas of what people will accept in what they choose to watch on tv have expanded. At any rate, it's something to think about.

In the meantime, I'm thinking about posting a few pics from the pitchbook...we'll see... :)

1 comment:

  1. It was great meeting you! I'm sure we'll be working together in the near future. :-)

    ReplyDelete