Sunday, May 30, 2010

Bits and Pieces

Thursday, I had a meeting with a friend's talent manager. It was okay. He reps people who are more developed than I am, as far as credits go, so when he told me it was "a little early", I wasn't surprised. I don't really remember much of the meeting, except that he had a lot of opinions about a lot of things, and I did a lot more listening than I did talking. He basically told me to keep in touch, keep him posted on what I'm up to, etc. He might have been full of shit, but I'll do it anyway. Either it will be something that could develop, or it won't be.

Upon leaving the meeting, I checked my phone and saw that my commercial agents had called, with an auditon for Friday. It was for Pediasure, and they were looking for a soccer mom type. I am on the young end of the age bracket they wanted. I went into the audition on Friday, having looked at the sides (which said that they wanted even older than the audition info stated) and hoping that I looked a little older and more soccer-mom-ish than usual. :) I guess I did fine? It was an interesting audition--the spot has two moms watching a soccer game, commenting on what their kids ate and how they were moving (quick vs. slow). They wanted it laid back. So, I was laid back. Anyway, we'll see what happens. I was just happy to have an audition with a new casting office--I sent a thank you card on my way out the door. :)

I've been working on my apartment this weekend, and busy with work beyond that, so I haven't been updating as much. I did transcribe a scene last night, for future use in class or a workshop. I'm thinking about how to alter a scene that I wrote, to make it easier to shoot. I was supposed to have a writing meeting today, but I'm not sure if that will happen...I started painting my bedroom, and I really have no idea how long it will take (on a break right now, to let the one and half walls that I painted dry, to see if I need another coat or just touch ups, before I move on).

Oh, some interesting videos for folks to watch...interviews with the dramatic actor Emmy nominees (Matthew Fox, Jon Hamm, Bryan Cranston, Alexander Skarsgard, Ray Romano and Matt Bomer) from The Hollywood Reporter:





No comments:

Post a Comment