Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Six Feet Under

I've been blazing through all five seasons of Six Feet Under recently--had never watched it before. It's an interesting show. There are things I love about it and things I'm ambivalent about...it has cemented my undying love of Michael C. Hall, that's for sure. I've seen the first three seasons of Dexter, so I really just knew him from that, and it says a lot about his talent that I completely forget he's a) Michael C. Hall and b) Dexter when I watch SFU.

I'm actually working on a scene from SFU this week in class, playing Brenda. I'm always on the lookout for new scenes to do for class, particularly great dramatic pieces or pieces with two women (because there are more women than men in my class). So, I'm having fun hunting for scenes while watching the show. It's funny to me that the majority of my decent footage is from comedy, when I do so much drama in class. Just hard to get good drama on tape, I suppose--most short internet projects are comedic, in part because there's more of an audience for that. Not sure anyone really wants to watch me perform excerpts from Neil LaBute's bash: medea redux. Well, maybe. :) Definitely wouldn't get rated high on Funny-or-Die, though. :) However, I have been thinking about possible short things to film, for a dramatic reel, because I really do need one...hrm...

Ah, just some late night musings. I'll leave you with a puntastic pun, courtesy of SFU:

"What do you call an Italian hooker? A Pasta-tute."

No comments:

Post a Comment