Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother Jones luuuuurvs us

A couple of quick things:

One, my friend just completed editing my comedic reel, which is now online! Yay! I worked on my cover letter to the manager (to whom I have a referral), and I plan on emailing him on Monday (referral contact said it was the best way to do things with this particular manager). Fingers crossed!

Two, my mother called me at 3:40am her time to tell me that my Big Lots commercial was referenced in the May-June 2010 issue of Mother Jones Magazine, at the end of an article about hoarders. The article is not publically available online (yet), but you can access it if you sign up for their email alerts. That being said...



A direct link to the text is here:

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/2812/textfrommotherjonesarti.jpg


Oh, and as for the comedy reel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akNCNE-1SWE



***edit***: I just noticed that the video player is cut off on the right side of the column...not sure if that's been happening the entire time, or just today...but, anyway, to see the FULL picture, just click on the direct link above. :)

2 comments:

  1. Your reel is funny! I didn't know you were a comedy actress or a writer. I just thought you were the nice dog lady. I have a friend who is head writer for Tosh.0. I should introduce you. He wanted me to be in a "women getting punched in the crotch" skit, but alas it didn't work out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I wear many hats: comedy actress, dramatic actress, comedy writer, nice dog lady, nice cat lady, she who consumes too much sugar... I would love to meet your friend! You've piqued my interest with this "women getting punched in the crotch" skit. :)

    ReplyDelete