Friday, May 7, 2010

Shout out!

My brilliant and amazing and talented and wonderful friend Bilal was recently nominated for a Jeff Award for his play "The Man Who Was Thursday":

http://bit.ly/bilalnom

Bilal is a friend from college--we were in an improv/sketch group together, where we actually co-produced/co-directed a show, and co-wrote one sketch (which was the sketch that marked my first attempt at writing anything to be performed...which I also adapted for the Second City show this past December). I have appeared in two of Bilal's plays, one at school, and one in Chicago, just prior to moving to LA. I have an incredible respect for his work. He's disturbingly talented. And finally getting the recognition he's long deserved.

Bilal is a member of the NeoFuturists. If you are in Chicago, I highly recommend you check out their weekly show, Too Much Light Makes The Baby Go Blind, which is a collection of 30 plays performed in 60 minutes. It's really amazing, interesting, thought provoking theatre, and Bilal is an awesome member of the ensemble:

http://www.neofuturists.org

No comments:

Post a Comment