Sunday, April 12, 2009

Why another blog?

I chose to create this blog so that I would have a place--a public place--to catalogue my efforts related to my acting and writing careers. I believe that by putting out positive energy, with a focus on forward momentum, I will be helping myself to attract the right energy and opportunities for my artistic success & fulfillment.

Since the start of 2009, I have done the following:
~co-created a web series with friends (which came to me through previous efforts in the realm of writing and acting, specifically in my class...a classmate approached me to ask me to help her and her boyfriend develop the idea they had for a series)
~had hours and hours of development and writing meetings with my co-creators
~written a hilarious pilot for the web series, and by doing so, created a starring vehicle for myself, one of my co-creators and a number of our friends/fellow actors
~written three drafts of the pilot
~done two table reads of the pilot, at various stages of its development
~collaborated on the overall arc for the series, as well as individual character arcs (about to start writing episode 2)
~auditioned for, booked and shot a student film for LMU (for which I received great feedback, and for which I got to do some ADR--yay new experience!)
~filmed a part written expressly for me in an independent film
~auditioned for a talent manager
~auditioned for and was accepted to a local casting director workshop studio
~attended and done well at four casting director workshops in the last month (including receiving feedback such as, "You are a great actress" and comments on my realism, great emotion and ability to make great adjustments)
~attended a Women In Film workshop taught by a well-known sitcom director (later sent her a link to a short film that I both wrote and starred in, receiving positive feedback for my work)
~got new headshots, with specific looks in mind--and feel that I achieved exactly what I set out to do concerning the looks
~printed a new headshot from the set, as well as matching postcards for marketing; looking at printing another option as well
~updated & renewed my personal website, IMDb page/resume/pics, Actor's Access page and LA Casting page
~had a handful of commercial auditions through my great agents, with a callback for Altoids
~submitted myself for roles online, via Actor's Access
~wrote a scene for class, based on our web series (probably to be used in a later episode)
~signed up for one and researching additional casting director workshops
~done a GREAT job with my scenework in class!!!
...and more!

I list all of these accomplishments so that I don't lose sight of the victories I've had along the way. Ownership of what I've done is very, very important. My new mantra is "Own it! And get out of your own way!"

1 comment: