Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Two Weeks

Two weeks ago, on April 7th, I posted the following blurb on Twitter (I can't bring myself to call it a tweet):

[I am] ready to be working in my field of choice...and being paid for it!

Today, April 21st, I am proud to say that I have made that a reality!!!!!!!

I BOOKED THE COX CABLE COMMERCIAL!!!! :) :)

One of my agents called this morning to tell me I was on Avail--meaning that the production company wanted to book my time, so that they could use me if they chose me out of the last round of actresses. A couple of hours later, the same agent called back to give me the good news.

It's a non-union spot, with a lump sum flat rate buy out. In my agency's eyes, it's not a lot of money--and, compared to the kind of money one can make on a union network national, it's not a lot of money--but it is a lot of money TO ME. :) More importantly, it's what I set out to do!!!

The shoot is on Thursday--I will have wardrobe fittings tomorrow, at some point. The wardrobe gal called me briefly today, to tell me the look they were leaning towards and ask me to bring some options to the fitting (common, from what I'm told, even though they're really not supposed to ask that of you). So, I went out and bought khakis, which was painful, because khakis are so unattractive. I was overdue to buy a pair anyway, since auditions sometimes ask you to wear them (I think I'll keep them in my car, along with a polo shirt that I bought, just as an emergency audition outfit).

I'm so excited!! I am excited to have great energy come back to me, I am excited to be hired, I am excited to have had a great experience at the callback, I am excited to get on set and work, I am excited to be a professional, I am excited to learn when I get to set, I am excited to make contacts...I'm SUPER excited!!!

I really think it's amazing what can be created so quickly by focusing the right kind of energy on that which I want for myself and my life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment