Monday, April 20, 2009

And that's how it's done!

My callback today was FANTASTIC!!!!

Prior to the callback, my agency called me to tell me to be sure to be very prepared with the sides, which was a special request from the casting director. So, I headed over to the area early and sat in a blissfully airconditioned Starbucks to review both sets of dialogue.

After arriving to my callback, I was directed to rehearse with some of the guys who were waiting. I had the opportunity to rehearse with one guy in the waiting area before I was pulled into the room with a second actor.

The director of the commercial was in the room, as was a rep from the production company. It's standard to have folks like that in the room, but what was very cool was that the director took the time to come up to us and introduce himself, as well as the production company rep, shake hands, etc. He was very hands on in directing us. I had the opportunity to read with four different actors--I think they were calling back fewer women, so we all got the chance to read with more than one person. I've seen that happen before if the calltimes are spread out so that there's an uneven number of actors to actresses, but I've never before had the chance to do multiple reads. It was a lot of fun!!

Overall, I had a really great time in the room. I got to play with the script a little bit, which was great fun--and I actually got a laugh from the director and production company rep with an improvised line! :) Near the end of my time in the room, I chatted with the director a bit about positive energy, forward momentum and the like, including a little bit about Obama's election. On the way out, I rode down in the elevator with the production company rep, who told me that I had one of the best lines of the day and that I did a great job.

So...YAY!!!!!!!!!!! :)

I'm so very happy and excited that I had such an amazing experience this afternoon. I felt good about what I did in the room, I had fun, I handled myself well...and I believe that I made fans! Those are all amazing accomplishments and things that I can OWN. :)

Another writing meeting tomorrow, although I'm not sure what we'll be talking about...and I'm confirmed for another casting director workshop in about a week and a half!

No comments:

Post a Comment