Wednesday, April 15, 2009

"Let me get some action!"

Audition yesterday was for Cox Cable. It was interesting...the sides were different than the ones we were told to look at online, and the time in the room was a bit odd itself. Overall, it went decently. I was kicking myself a bit for botching a line, but considering that they'd changed them and neither of us had a good view of the cheat sheet board (owing to how we were told to stand), I had to let it go--I got the point of the line across, it's not the end of the world. :) The session runner wrote my name down (getting it wrong at first--called me Mary, no idea why), but I don't really know why she wrote down my name--I'm pretty sure she wrote down the name of my partner, too. Maybe just keeping track of who they'd seen. I wrote a thank you card to the CDs and mailed it off this morning--I always do that when I see new CDs or go in to an office that I haven't visited for a while.

The casting director workshop went well. Got a scene from something I wasn't familiar with, but it was a good scene...great practice at how to just be a normal person in a scene, if that makes sense. I'm really enjoying the experiences of these workshops, it's been a lot of fun!

Audition this morning was for Pizza Hut. I got a bonus, too! They were casting one spot, but last minute, they were told that a second spot had been added--so I got to audition for both! The first had me playing an assistant in a "Man on the Street" sort of spot; the second had me playing two different waitresses. I really like going into see this CD--his session runners are usually so nice and chill. I had a lot of fun in both reads, so we'll see! I really love getting to go in and play--it's so much fun.

Class tonight is going to be fun and a bit challenging--I have two scenes, which are pretty far apart on the spectrum (as far as content and tone go). I'm looking forward to all of it, particularly the comedy scene--I love, love, LOVE 30 Rock. After all, there is a reason I wrote a kick-ass spec script for that show!!! :)

Writing meeting tomorrow with Sheryl--I think we're doing research? I haven't had much time or focus to work too much on the rough draft of episode 2, but things clear up after tonight. I've been mulling over certain things that need to be brought up in the episode, and I'm sure I'll get into it more after our meeting.

OH! AND...this is awesome: Adam's put together an amazing opportunity to do a class make-up that is totally different than anything we've done before...he's having us all create characters as if we were on LOST and come down to the beach in a couple of weeks to spend the evening interacting with each other in character. And he'll be filming it! I'm SO EXCITED!!! Being on LOST is a dream of mine, so to get to go play like I'm on the show...HELL YES!!!!!! :) :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment