Sunday, June 13, 2010

Twitter

So, after much hemming and hawing, and some awesome help from Pamela Vanderway of Dialect 411, I settled on a new Twitter handle. I went from 'lady_elleinad', which was an old online nickname I had (my name spelled backward), to 'ReelSmartCookie'. The new handle came from a few things:

-I was once typed as having 'real girl energy' by Todd Sherry, from Patrick Rush Casting. It's among my favorite comments ever to be received at a workshop. My most frequent comment is that I'm very natural in what I do, so 'real' plays into that as well.
-The word play of Reel/Real. PS, I love me some word play.
-Reel to work in a reference to film/tv.
-Smart, for type. It's a strong suit of my characters and my writing.
-Cookie, because it is already a word commonly strung together with 'Smart'. And I like cookies.

I'm really happy with the new handle. :) I was looking for something that helped create a brand for me, that played with my type/strong suits, that fit my acting AND my writing, etc. This also has a spark of my personality, which I love. I had originally wanted something with my actual name in it, but this won out over all variations of anything with my name (and, for the record, my actual name is one character too long for Twitter's limit). I've added a widget to this blog, as well as my website, and I have updated IMDb. I also registered the domain, too. I'm trying to figure out how to have it link straight to my actual website. Something to look into, for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment