Thursday, June 24, 2010

Sharing the wealth

Had an audition today for a Tina Fey-type, for a web project that had a 'Weekend Update' sort of vibe. Was interesting. They wanted each actor to write three jokes, to use in the audition. I got a big laugh off of my last one, so that's a win. :)

While at work today, I got a call from one of my commercial reps, asking me about how I was Taft-Hartleyed. He remembered me mentioning that I'd done it myself and wanted to know how I did it. He said that it's been harder and harder to get non-union clients in on SAG jobs, so he wanted to know how I got my eligibility (I think to share, maybe?). Anyway, I confirmed that I'd done it through New Media, that it didn't cost anything (no fee), that you don't have to pay the actors, etc. I promised him an email when I got home, with more info. :)

So, I sent him a brief overvue of some details of how I did it, including my Actor's Voice POV article, and a brilliant post from Ben Whitehair's blog. I hope it helps answer his questions. :) Maybe I'll be able to help other clients with my info, who knows!

I love that he remembered that I'd done it, and that he reached out to ask about it. I really love that. :)

In other news, my reps picked out one headshot from the Broncolor shoot, which I've already uploaded to Actor's Access and LA Casting (it's the one with the glasses, below). My acting coach gave me some notes on the photos, too--he picked that shot as well, in addition to a few others. The selections are below. I'm still deciding...I, naturally, like other ones, too. Of course.





No comments:

Post a Comment