Monday, August 16, 2010

Actors Helping Actors!

Today, I received the following (fantastic) email:

Danielle,

Thank you SO much for the article you wrote for Bonnie back in May. Because of you, I just got taft-hartleyed.

I did a SAG webisode recently in which I only had one line, and the line was off-screen. The producer thought that because the role was so small, I couldn't be taft-hartleyed. But, because I had read your article, which taught me about the SAG New Media contract, I figured it was worth following up with SAG to make sure. Turns out, I *can* be taft-hartleyed off the project! So, thank you, thank you, thank you! I was also able to help a fellow actress on set, who was in the exact same situation as me but had no idea one could be taft-hartleyed through the New Media contract.

Also, just thanks in general for being so generous with sharing info with your fellow actors.

Sincerely,
(I've withheld the name of the writer for privacy concerns)


That's awesome. I love it. I love hearing about this kind of success! The main reason I wrote the Actor's Voice POV article was to help other actors become SAG-Eligible!

This really made my day! Thank you to the actor who took the time to email me! :) (And, thank you to the other actors who have contacted me as well, via Facebook and otherwise--I appreciate it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment