Friday, September 4, 2009

Quick bits

I met a really lovely casting director last night, through a friend! We compared war wounds from our cats. :) It was nice to be out and about, too. I've been cooped up for a week because of these crazy LA fires!! The smoke has made the air even more toxic than it normally is, so I've been trying to keep inside whenever possible. Therefore, no hiking, no open windows...I've really been a shut-in! Today has been the first day in a week where I didn't feel completely exhausted the entire day. A little tired, yes...but not as truly weary as I'd been all week (which is totally because of the crappy air quality...when combined with my asthma, it's no bueno!).

I sat down and composed post cards to all of the CDs that I've done workshops with over this year, plus one I did a workshop with last year. I just updated them on the two commercials I've booked (including mentioning the Big Lots one by name, since it should be airing in LA) and gave them the contact info for my new management. I just got home from mailing them. :)

Next up, I NEED to finish the rewrite for the pilot. It's a good two weeks overdue, but nobody's been on my ass about it, so I haven't been disciplining myself.

I am glad that I'm feeling better--feeling more like myself. The fires really took something out of me. Happy to be back to things!

1 comment:

  1. I'm a Great Actor. Hook me up with an Agent and everbody will make lots and lots of money together. Seriously!

    Is it Fall yet?

    Peace and Love

    ReplyDelete