Monday, June 1, 2009

Wow, long time...

Hello there...

I apologize for the long time between posts--my computer, which has been issuing a death rattle for a while now, finally shuffled off this mortal coil. So, I have been without regular access to the wonderful world of computing for a while. (I'm currently bogarting a friend's laptop.) Hopefully, soon, I will have a new laptop of my very own!

Things have been a little quiet lately, but here's a general recap:

~Wrapped up working on Mad Men and Nine Lives in class. Had some issues with my concept of the scenes and how they should go, but I know by now that when I give myself trouble about that, it's generally just me getting in my own way. Had some good realizations about things, though!

~Started the search for a new script/character to work on in class--I always feel like I do my best work, or at least, grow the most when I work on the same character for a while, doing their various scenes from a film/show/play. I think I've settled on an unproduced Audrey Wells script, circa 2006, which was passed to me by my classmate/friend Bryn. The character is older than I am, but most characters I gravitate towards have always been older than I have been when I've worked on them. :) I start work on the script this week, and Adam wants me to approach it as if I am actually booked on the film and starring in it, so that'll be interesting!

~Hoping to get into a Scott David workshop in a couple of weeks--it's currently sold out, but we'll see what happens! Just putting it out there!

~Saw Star Trek again (third time). It is still just as awesome. I have a feeling I'm going to be seeing it again, too. :) I'm so impressed each time I see it--I catch more nuances each time I see it. Love it! I want to be in the sequel! Somebody let JJ Abrams know, please!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment