Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Permagrin, etc.

We had our table read for the second episode of the web series this weekend--it went well, I was happy with it, and it was great to see most of our cast in attendance! I have a few tweaks to make to the script, but I think it's close to being ready to show to outside folks. We're currently discussing the pitch book, what the format will be, etc. We need a great photographer to help us create photos that look like stills from the show--and we need to evaluate what our budget for that will be...

In other news, I'm so sad to report that my acting class is shutting down at the end of July. My teacher is going on sabbatical for at least a month. Unfortunately, the economy being what it is inspires a lot of fear in people, and we'd lost close to 2/3 of the class over the last couple of months. The cost of overhead just got to be too much. The studio is still, in effect, open--my coach is going to be around for support and private coaching--but class will remain closed until we can get the right energy and people back to commit to it. I'm sad--I've been in class consistently, with my coach, for over five years (never taken a leave). It's such a part of my routine. I also firmly believe that I would not be the person that I am without my coach, who is more than just a coach to so many of us. It's really weird to think about not having class each week.

I'm not sure what I'll do once it's closed--I thought about some improv classes, but we'll see. I'm trying to be positive about it and look at it as a possible opening for something amazing to come into my life concerning my acting career. Maybe it's creating space for me to book something awesome or for the show to get picked up and put into production...we'll see!

The trailer for Permagrin is now up on YouTube! I'm featured twice, looking like Tina Fey. :) This is the indie that I shot in February and March--the part was written for me! It was written, produced and directed by my best friend's boyfriend, Todd (he also costars in it). Check it out:

No comments:

Post a Comment