Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Holy Hell, it's December!

Wow, how is it the end of the year? Insanity!!

The last couple of months have been nutty! I had a bit of a dry spell with auditions, which freaked me out (naturally), but things began to pick up last month! I scored three callbacks in a row, which felt great! I actually just had another audition today, for another cd I hadn't seen before--love going into new offices!! My holiday cards have been sent out (to cds who've called me in...I think I still have another round to write, for cds whose workshops I've attended), I have been doing GREAT in class, and I am working on some writing projects! I have a feature in the works with a friend from class--starting it slowly--and have been tweaking some shorts I'd like to shoot. I also am back at working on the pitchbook for our pilot! It's been so much fun to get back to it--more ideas are flowing about the character arcs, which is really great!! Have also been participating in some in-person networking with other actors/creative types that I have met through Twitter/Facebook--LOVE that!!

A quick note: I've noticed (and heard about) an increase in some actor-scams recently. By this, I mean unsolicited emails or texts (possibly calls), offering actors a chance to "register" with the casting director's database for some kind of fee. This is crap. Don't touch it. If you are approached, contact the City Attorney's office (NOT SAG--they can't help you...however, if you are experiencing a situation where a prospective Agent/Manager is asking for money up front, SAG needs to know. At the very least, they can put these people on a scam-watch list). At any rate, no casting director should be charging to put you in their database. Yes, people who do extras casting do charge fees (i.e. Central Casting), but someone who is casting for PRINCIPAL ROLES should never charge a fee. Do NOT pay it. What they are doing is illegal under the Krekorian Act!

MMkay, I have to run, as I have class tonight and need to study my lines, but just wanted to check in. Oh, ALSO, two of my foster kittens are still looking for homes!! Please check out their Facebook Fan Page, filled with photos, videos and information about them!

Thanks!

ADOPT The Weasley Kittens!

No comments:

Post a Comment