Monday, September 27, 2010

Tidbits

I had a great workshop this weekend at the Stella Adler theatre, for an awesome commercial casting director. We were assigned comedy scenes a few days ahead of time, along with partners, but my partner canceled on me, so I didn't meet his replacement until the day of the workshop. Our scene was from Friends, which is always fun. My partner was doing his end of it a little more slowly than I expected--more like it was drama, almost--but it was a good test for me, in terms of picking up the beat and carrying my end of it strongly, not forcing it, etc. In the end, I got great feedback from the cd, who is someone I am friendly with on Twitter. I had a great time at the workshop and was so happy that I did it. :) So, we'll see! I have to drop off my headshot at her office tomorrow (was going to mail it, but she specifically said to drop it off), then mail my thank you card.

I have another workshop, for a tv cd associate, on Thursday. I'm still settling on a scene for it. I also have a difficult scene in class this week, which is kinda freaking me out. Well, not freaking me out so much as giving me some trouble. It's just a new type of character for me, one that I haven't challenged myself much with over the years, which is why I chose it. So, it'll be a good experience no matter what happens, because I'll be learning. :)

I picked up my new postcards at Argentum, and I think I am all set with new headshots and postcards for now. I may do another set of business cards, but they aren't absolutely necessary at this point. I love the new postcards, and the new headshots. I chose a theatrical one that my coach liked a lot. I'm less crazy about it, but the one I liked more turned out much darker than expected in the test printing. And, I thought he had a point about why he preferred the one over the other--the one I liked more sells "sexy" harder, but there's not necessarily a depth to it, whereas the one he liked more has more subtlty to it, but still something in the eyes.

On a totally unrelated note, I am now fostering three tiny kittens, all about 4 months old. So, if anyone is looking for an adorable kitten, please let me know. We're requiring indoor only, claws intact homes, as well as applications & adoption fees. I'll post photos of them soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment