Friday, October 29, 2010

Well, that was nice!

Tuesday was kinda busy for me--an audition at a new office AND a callback for a cd that has booked me before. The audition was a lot of fun! Very playful commercial copy. The callback was a strange situation. The original audition was for a commercial that was almost exactly the same as the Cox spot that I did last year--same company, same cd, same director, virtually the same copy. I thought it was interesting that I got called in for it, but went with it. I ended up auditioning for that spot and another spot while I was there. I got called back for the second one, but when I arrived, I ran into the cd and she told me that I could go home if I wanted to, as I was out of the running. Since I had booked a spot with them last year, the company did not want to re-use me. However, she did say that they loved me, and they called her after I was put into callbacks, after they realized who exactly I was...so, it was nice to know that my work was good, and this was a technical issue, if that makes sense. The cd chatted with me for a bit, then had me run into the session room to say hi to the director, since he also did my spot. He was so kind--gave me a hug, told me I looked great, complimented my work and said I was doing things right, since I "went straight to the top again". I left the situation very pleased.

I had a callback yesterday for the fun audition from Tuesday. I didn't feel brilliant about it, but I think that's just the mood I've been in lately. At any rate, I did my job--went in, committed, did what was asked. I did send a thank you card to the cd after the initial audition, too. So, that's good. Hoping that I made some kind of a decent impression.

Class was interesting this week. Did a great, GREAT improv with one of my classmates, who is so talented. I might write it down from memory and see if we can film it. It really sold both of our particular comedic strengths well. I struggled a bit with my scripted scene, even though I did well. I'm pushing myself to do scenes where my characters are angry, since I tend to shy away from that and tend to give myself trouble with it. I think it was successful on a few counts, and I heard nice feedback about it, but I'm still processing it. However, I do know a few things I thought were good moments for me, and I think every time I take on a challenge like this, it is great for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment